The Center for Healthcare Planning and Quality (CPQ) was established as an independent regulatory body with the role of setting and maintaining international best practice in healthcare delivery and patient care at Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC).
Every healthcare provider and professional within Dubai Healthcare City must meet stringent standards in order to be licensed by the CPQ. Healthcare quality and patient safety are of the utmost priority and CPQ ensures standards are maintained through a series of ongoing requirements and inspections.
CPQ’s core areas of activity include:
- Planning of clinical services
- Healthcare Facility design review
- Operating a Pharmaceutical Services Unit
- Pre-operating assessment of clinical facilities
- Licensing healthcare providers (professionals and facilities) to establish themselves within DHCC as well as academic and research activities
- Providing clinical quality management assessment and training
- Managing healthcare informatics
- Operating a Customer Protection Unit
- Ensuring access for DHCC-based healthcare professionals to Continuing Medical Education